WELCOME to the 3rd edition of …
Come on over to the Homestead, grab your rocking chair of choice…a glass of tea and sit a spell! This is a Blog Hop Y’all and there are plenty of posts to keep your attention…entertain you, educate you or make you smile…all day long. Stay as long as you like; submit an article (or 2), visit other blogs, leave comments and enjoy your stay here on the porch…Thursdays @ the Homestead!
Here on the Homestead we are all about living a self-sufficient, self-reliant, and self-sustaining lifestyle in as natural, organic & frugal ways possible.
This Blog Hop is being hosted by:
and Co-Hosted by:
Penny @ PrepperPenny
What Can I Post?
Anything and everything related to: Homesteading, Prepping, Gardening, Cooking/recipes/food, Livestock of all varieties, Off-grid, Natural Living, Wellness/wholeness and Healthcare, Herbal, DIY & MYO!
Some Simple Rules Y’all
- This is a family friendly Blog Hop! Absolutely NO profanity or suggestive material at all – your post will be immediately deleted.
- Please link up only posts pertaining to the suggested topics. Not sure if your post article fits? Contact us, we’ll help you figure it out: firstname.lastname@example.org
- No advertising, giveaways, carnivals or contests.
- You may link more than one post, original content only, older or archived posts are A-Okay!
- Only real-food recipes please…no processed junk in our recipes or our tummies!
- Want to know when the Blog Hop opens? Follow us by email & get notified IMMEDIATELY!
- Please place a link back to this edition of the Blog Hop in your post, either by button from our sidebar or a text link is fine. That way your readers can benefit from all the great ideas here on the Blog Hop AND this helps everybody by drawing more traffic to your site.
How Do I Do This Blog Hop Thang?
If you’re new to blogging OR just new to Blog Hops, (or need a reminder), here’s what you do:
1. The post that you want to submit to the Blog Hop needs to have a link back to the Blog Hop either with a Button (provided for you below) or with a text link. For example you might say in your post…”This post was shared on Thursdays @ the Homestead Blog Hop”, or “I participated in Thursdays @ the Homestead Blog Hop” and this would generally go at the end of your post. Either the button or the text link is fine. How do you make the link? Copy the URL of Thursdays @ the Homestead from your browser address bar. Then click or highlight your button or text, then click the “link” button on your blogging tool bar and paste the URL into that line. Save and that’s it.
Here’s the button:
- When your post is all written, edited and linked up, then you need to link up your blog post by using the Linky Widget below. Linky is very easy to use and self-explanatory.
- Please link the URL of your actual BLOG POST and NOT your blogs HOME PAGE. Most blogging platforms show a URL or shortlink at the top of your post when you are in your dashboard area. Highlight this URL, it is what you will place in the Linky Widget.
- Homesteading/Prepping bloggers, please visit other blogs posts and comment…share the love!
How Can I Be a Featured Blogger?
Every Blog Hop, you the reader gets to “Like” the posts and from those tallies we get the Featured Blogs of the week-of which 3 are chosen! There are a few extra steps to be done, to be considered for Featured Blog of the Week:
1. You must link back to the Blog Hop (any of the host’s sites) with the Button or a Text Link.
2. Follow us on at least 2 Social Networks of your choice: Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Pinterest.
3. Please visit at least 2 Blog Hop posts and comment letting them know you found them here, don’t forget to “like” their Blog Hop Post Article too.
4. By linking to this Blog Hop you are giving us permission to link back to your post if you are featured. We will also include 1 photo from your post in the interest of sending visitors your way.
5. If you are selected as one of our Featured posts, please come back and grab this very special button to post on your blog, our way of saying Thank You!
So let’s get hoppin’ y’all!